La La Land, not so La La


La La Land; a movie about dreamers yet it ends not so dreamily. First, let me say, I love La La Land. I seen it 7 times in the cinema and paid over £100 for tickets to watch the movie with a live accompanying orchestra. I’m as big a fan boy as you get. Watched the movie, got the t-shirt. So I feel I'm a qualified voice to justify why the ending is so perfect yet I hate it so much.

Why does it not end so dreamily? Do one of them die? No. I ain't gonna tell you because then you wouldn't watch the film. However, if I'm such an optimist, why am I still such a fan even when it took me two viewings to come to terms with the end. Simple, unlike my last post, telling you that you can make your life like a movie, sometimes movie's imitate real life where it doesn't always end perfectly. This was the case for La La Land.


With an all singing and dancing cast, upbeat musical numbers and an accompanying score throughout filled with nostalgia, what the movie trailers and reviews left out, was that despite all the saturated colours and snappy dialogue, it's also heartbreaking. 


Any movie can be positive, reaffirming people's beliefs that all movie's have a happy ending and that's why I appreciated this films end that much more. I'd love to tell you why I think the ending is perfect, but that would include revealing what happens and I want all y'all bitches to watch the god damn movie. 

Ps. more videos of me dancing to the soundtrack below

Papa Bless

Niall







Comments

Popular Posts