Friends With Benefits?

It was 2am on the day I was supposed to be studying for my Modern Studies Exam. I studied all day and I wanted to watch a movie. It had Justin Timberlake, the epitome of a triple threat (singer, dancer, actor)-like myself– and Mila Kunis. On top of this, it was a Rom-Com based in New York City. 


Oh look, a rom-com with a tongue-in-cheek pose. I thought they had to include Matthew McConaughey to be successful

What more do people want in a movie these days? I watched it, with a constant smile across my face and straight afterwards questioned why not one of my friends had recommended it to me?



I make my interests pretty clear. Did I not deserve to watch this happiness? Did my friends not want me to be happy? Fuck em, I was happy now. Fast forward 4 years later and there I was, a 20-year-old Scottish LAD walking around NYC City, soaking up all the locations this movie used.

Did I spend countless hours researching these locations before heading to New York in preparation for these videos? 
Who am I to say? But yes. Yes I did. Would I do it again?
 You bet your ass I would.


People often say, life isn't like the movies, well I disagree, with enough effort you can make it one. Who is to say you and your best friend won't one day decide to fall in love and there's nothing but sunshine and rainbows from there on in, who's to say a desperate plea for a friend won't turn out in a midnight run to an American style diner where you vent out your feelings and then a 3 minute montage of your life turning around to the sound of James Brown's "I feel good" comes on. While movies always appear effortless, it may take a little more effort on your part to make your life like one. But every day I try and do just that.

Now here's some more "friends with benefits" locations that I want to share

Papa Bless 

Niall




←←




                    →→

Comments

Popular Posts